For people who are wondering why I'm not doing more of my patented chronologies or collections of posts, the answer is pretty simple. There's so damn much going on it's hard for me to find the time and mental energy to bring it all together. I'm currently working on posts covering the Trump budget proposal as well as the story about the various issue with the Environmental Protection Agency. I'm not sure when I'll get to complete those, but in both cases the story is on-going. I'm also hoping to do an update on the March for Science post.
I may also compile the story around Paris Agreement and climate change.
In the meantime, here's some of the reporting from the last week or so, quick and dirty. I'll try and do these quicker posts more frequently. I'm saving the links anyway to include in the larger posts, so collecting on the blog shouldn't be too hard to get to.
- Trump to pull US out of Paris climate deal: reports
- New York mayor: City will uphold Paris climate agreement if Trump doesn't
- Trump is deciding on the Paris climate agreement with virtually no science advisers on staff
- Trump pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal: source
- U.N. chief: America faces a 'gray future' if it abandons climate action
- President meets with EPA chief on Paris climate pact
- Musk Joins CEOs Calling for U.S. to Stay in Paris Climate Deal
- Elon Musk threatens to leave White House advisory councils if Trump drops Paris accord
- Top Dem: Trump’s refusal to back climate deal a ‘striking abdication of American leadership’
- Trump will reportedly exit Paris climate deal, making us a rogue nation
- ‘Climate Action Is Unstoppable’: UN Chief Warns Trump Against Withdrawing From The Paris Accord
- 3 ways trump can rip up the paris climate deal
- Paris Agreement: Trump's behind-the-scenes battle
- Big Business Urges Trump to Stick With Paris Climate Accord
- Majority of Americans in every US state supports Paris climate deal Trump is poised to withdraw from
- UN Chief Urges Action on Climate Change as Trump Debates
- Donald Trump's potential science adviser believes CO2 is 'good' and US should withdraw from Paris climate deal
- GOP Congressman: God Will ‘Take Care Of’ Climate Change If It Exists
- Here's Trump's plan to destroy the US science budget
- Trump Administration Says It Isn’t Anti-Science As It Seeks to Slash EPA Science Office
- Trump’s Budget Forgets That Science Is Insurance for America
- Trump’s proposed 2018 budget takes an ax to science research funding
- Meet Jane, a climate scientist who fled Trump’s government
- In Trump’s EPA, industry has more voice in shaping science
- U.S. resists plan to link climate change, ocean health: U.N. co-chair
- Donald Trump’s pick for EPA enforcement office was a lobbyist for superfund polluters
- Trump's EPA: Cuts, infighting and no talk of climate change
- Trump budget calls for shutdown of Peoria Ag Lab
- Quitting Paris climate deal would threaten US security, UN chief warns
- House science panel joins Trump in questioning research overhead payments
- In the Midst of Global Turmoil, Russia’s Science Community Reboots
If I've missed anything significant from the last week or so, please let me know in the comments or at jdupuis at yorku dot ca.
Here's a list of my previous blog posts concerning the Trump War on Science:
- 2016.11.11. Documenting the Donald Trump War on Science: Pre-Inauguration Edition
- 2016.11.17. Presentation: The Conservative War on Science: What’s a Librarian to Do?
- 2017.01.06. Friday Freak Out: Dystopian reading for a nervous new year
- 2017.01.13. Friday Fun: Trump To Require All Science Article Peer Review Reports to End with the Word “Sad!”
- 2017.01.21. Around the Web: Saving Government Data from the Trumpocalypse
- 2017.01.25. The Trump War on Science: What Can the US Learn From Canada’s Experience?
- 2017.01.27. Friday Fun: National Park Service Temporarily Ordered To Stop Tweeting: Reactions From Wildlife
- 2017.01.27. The Donald Trump War on Science: Scholarly and Professional Society Statements in Support of Open Science Communications
- 2017.01.30. The Donald Trump War on Science: Week 1: How bad could it be?
- 2017.02.05. More on what US scientists can learn from the Canadian War on Science
- 2017.02.13. The Trump War on Science: Is the March for Science too political or not political enough?
- 2017.02.22. Documenting the Trump War on Science: The Muslim and refugee ban is a terrible idea
- 2017.03.24. Friday Fun: We all believed in science at some point...or did we?
- 2017.04.01. My new job: CEO of the United States National Parks Service Library System
- 2017.04.24. My remarks at the Toronto March for Science