Every year for the last bunch of years I’ve been linking to and posting all the “year’s best sciencey books” lists that I can find around the web in various media outlets.
From the beginning it’s been a pretty popular service so I’m happy to continue it. The previous posts for all the 2013 lists are here.
This time it's io9 Holiday Gift Books for Lovers of Science and Science Fiction.
- Southern Light: Images from Antarctica by David Neilson
- Out of the Wild: Zoo Portraits by Boza Ivanovic, Barbara Stauss
- Earth from Space by Yann Arthus-Bertrand
- Beautiful Whale by Bryant Austin, Sylvia A. Earle
- The Anatomy Coloring Book by Wynn Kapit, Lawrence M. Elson
- Backyard Ballistics, 2nd Edition by William Curstelle
- Zero to Maker by David Lang
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
And if you wish to support my humble list-making efforts, run on over to Amazon, take a look at Quiet or Steve Jobs or The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks or maybe even something else from the today's list.