Every year for the last bunch of years I’ve been linking to and posting all the “year’s best sciencey books” lists that I can find around the web in various media outlets.
From the beginning it’s been a pretty popular service so I’m happy to continue it. The previous posts for all the 2013 lists are here.
- The Spark: A Mother's Story of Nurturing Genius by Kristine Barnett
- Frozen in Time: An Epic Story of Survival and a Modern Quest for Lost Heroes of World War II by Mitchell Zuckoff
- The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across the Spectrum by Temple Grandin
- Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach
- Bad Pharma: How Drug Companies Mislead Doctors and Harm Patients by Ben Goldacre
- Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
And if you wish to support my humble list-making efforts, run on over to Amazon, take a look at Quiet or Steve Jobs or The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks or maybe even something else from the today's list.