My previous post was about Brian Mathews moving his blog to the Chronicle, a non-librarian blog network.
So for this post I thought I'd list all the academic and research librarians I know of that are embedded in non-library blogging communities.
On the one hand, it's a pretty short list. On the other hand, it's not like there are that many relevant blogging communities out there!
Needless to say, I think it's hugely important to get the librarian point of view in front of our patrons and getting ourselves into their blogging communities and talking about issues they care about is a great way to do just that.
So, here's who I know about:
- Trading Knowledge by Frank Norman
- Christina's LIS Rant by Christina Pikas
- Social Disruption by Elizabeth Brown
- Library Babel Fish by Barbara Fister
- The Ubiquitous Librarian by Brian Mathews
- Confessions of a Science Librarian by John Dupuis
Are there others I'm forgetting or don't know about?