Another bunch of lists for your reading, gift giving and collection development pleasure.
- Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Bad Ideas?: An arresting history of our inventions: How Our Finest Inventions Nearly Finished Us Off by Robert M. L. Winston
- Seeing Further: The Story of Science and the Royal Society: 350 Years of the Royal Society and Scientific Endeavour by Bill Bryson
- Animal Factory: The Looming Threat of Industrial Pig, Dairy, and Poultry Farms to Humans and the Environment by David Kirby
- Here's Looking at Euclid: A Surprising Excursion Through the Astonishing World of Math by Alex Bellos
- How to Defeat Your Own Clone by Kyle Kurpinski and Terry D. Johnson
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Travels in Siberia by Ian Frazier
- The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival by John Vaillant
- The Whale: in Search of the Giants of the Sea by Philip Hoare
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.