Another list for your reading, gift giving and collection development pleasure. This list is from the December 5, 2010 edition of the Sunday Times. Unfortunately, I can't link to it because they have a paywall between me and the content. I did, however, get access to the full text via one of our article databases. Yay Academic OneFile!
- Alex's Adventures in Numberland by Alex Bellos
- Cycles of Time: An Extraordinary New View of the Universe by Roger Penrose
- The Eerie Silence: Are We Alone in the Universe? by Paul Davies
- Drawing the Map of Life: Inside the Human Genome Project by Victor K McElheny
- Why Can't Elephants Jump? edited by Mick O'Hare
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.