- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Plundered Planet: Why We Must--and How We Can--Manage Nature for Global Prosperity by Paul Collier
- The Weather of the Future: Heat Waves, Extreme Storms, and Other Scenes from a Climate-Changed Planet by Heidi Cullen
- Climate Wars: The Fight for Survival as the World Overheats by Gwynne Dyer
- Diet for a Hot Planet: The Climate Crisis at the End of Your Fork and What You Can Do about It by Anna Lappe and Bill McKibben
- Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet by Bill McKibben
- The Climate War: True Believers, Power Brokers, and the Fight to Save the Earth by Eric Pooley
- The Polluters: The Making of Our Chemically Altered Environment by Benjamin Ross and Steven Amter
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.