Another list for your reading, gift giving and collection development pleasure.
- Atlantic: Great Sea Battles, Heroic Discoveries, Titanic Storms, and a Vast Ocean of a Million Stories by Simon Winchester
- Colossus: Hoover Dam and the Making of the American Century by Michael Hiltzik
- Deep Blue Home: An Intimate Ecology of Our Wild Ocean by Julia Whitty
- Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neurosexism Create Difference by Cordelia Fine
- The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- The Gun by C.J. Chivers
- The Twilight of the Bombs: Recent Challenges, New Dangers, and the Prospects for a World Without Nuclear Weapons by Richard Rhodes
- Voyager: Seeking Newer Worlds in the Third Great Age of Discovery by Stephen J. Pyne
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.