Another list for your reading, gift giving and collection development pleasure. This one really annoys me because the list is solely embedded in the text of the article, with no separate listing of the titles or even bolding or italicizing the titles. But that's just me, I guess.
- Map of a Nation: A Biography of the Ordnance Survey by Rachel Hewitt
- Life Ascending: The Ten Great Inventions of Evolution by Nick Lane
- The Language of Life: DNA and the Revolution in Personalised Medicine by Francis Collins
- Genetic Twists of Fate by Stanley Fields & Mark Johnston
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Weeds: How vagabond plants gatecrashed civilisation and changed the way we think about nature by Richard Mabey
- Bugs Britannica by Peter Marren and Richard Mabey
- The Butterfly Isles: A Summer in Search of Our Emperors and Admirals by Patrick Barkham
- A Cultural History of Climate by Wolfgang Behringer
- Whole Earth Discipline: Why Dense Cities, Nuclear Power, Transgenic Crops, Restored Wildlands, Radical Science, and Geoengineering are Necessary by Stewart Brand
- Where Good Ideas Come From: The Seven Patterns of Innovation by Steven Johnson
- Chasing the Sun: The Epic Story of the Star That Gives Us Life by Richard Cohen
- Seeds, Sex and Civilization: How the Hidden Life of Plants has Shaped Our World by Peter Thompson and Stephen Harris
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.