Another list for your reading, gift giving and collection development pleasure.
- The Atlantic: Great Sea Battles, Heroic Discoveries, Titanic Storms, and a Vast Ocean of a Million Stories by Simon Winchester
- Becoming Animal: An Earthly Cosmology by David Abram
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Most Powerful Idea in the World: A Story of Steam, Industry, and Invention by William Rosen
- Travels in Siberia by Ian Frazier
- Water: The Epic Struggle for Wealth, Power, and Civilization by Steven Solomon
And a non-science book that, for obvious reasons, looks particularly interesting.
- Running the Books: The Adventures of an Accidental Prison Librarian by Avi Steinberg
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.