Every year the Globe publishes a gift book guide separate from their regular list of notable books. Great for coffee table style books for that special someone. The list has a few non-science items that look particularly cool to me so I'll list those too. (Note that the online version is missing most of the books mentioned in the print version.)
- The Native Trees of Canada By Leanne Shapton
- Self Sufficiency for the 21st Century by Dick and James Strawbridge
- Atlas of the World by Oxford University Press
- Explorers: Great Tales of Adventure and Endurance by the Royal Geographical Society
- The Book of Leaves: A Leaf-by-Leaf Guide to Six Hundred of the World's Great Trees by Allen J. Coombes and Zsolt Debreczy
- Space: From Earth to the Edge of the Universe by Carole Stott
- The World of Trees by Hugh Johnson
- Great Migrations by K. M. Kostyal
- Natural History: The Ultimate Visual Guide to Everything on Earth by Becky Alexander
- Constructing the Ancient World: Architectural Techniques of the Greeks and Romans by Carmelo Malacrino
- The Art of British Rock: 50 Years of Rock Posters, Flyers and Handbills by Mike Evans with Paul Palmer Edwards
- We Were Freedom: Canadian Stories of the Second World War by Tim Cook
- Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics by N. C. Christopher Couch, Jerry Robinson, Pete Hamill, and Dennis O'Neil
- The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes Cartoons by Jerry Beck and Leonard Maltin
- The Horror! The Horror!: Comic Books the Government Didn't Want You to Read! by Jim Trombetta and Stine R.L.
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.