One of the more interesting lists every year is Strategy + Business because it gives a good selection of internet technology/innovation and social media books. I drew from various of their lists: Top Shelf, Leadership, China and Innovation.
- Chasing Stars: The Myth of Talent and the Portability of Performance by Boris Groysberg
- Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovation by Steven Johnson
- Open Leadership: How Social Technology Can Transform the Way You Lead by Charlene Li
- The River Runs Black: The Environmental Challenge to China's Future by Elizabeth C. Economy
- Cognitive Surplus: Creativity and Generosity in a Connected Age by Clay Shirky
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.