If The New York Times list is the big one in the US and probably over all, then the Globe list is the big one in Canada. Interestingly, it's another list that's been a bit spotty on science coverage in the past but that seems to have reformed it's ways.
- The Mind's Eye by Oliver Sacks
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Emperor of all Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach
- The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival by John Vaillant
- The Wave: In Pursuit of the Rogues, Freaks, and Giants of the Ocean by Susan Casey
- Bad Science: Quacks, Hacks, and Big Pharma Flacks by Ben Goldacre
- The Facebook Effect: The Inside Story of the Company That is Connecting the World by David Kirkpatrick
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.