A few lists with only a few relevant items each.
- The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right by Atul Gawande
- The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival by John Vaillant
- Engines of War: How Wars Were Won and Lost on the Railways by Christian Wolmar
- Chasing the Sun: the Epic Story of the Star that Gives Us Life by Richard Cohen
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival by John Valliant
- Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach
- Eating Pomegranates: A Memoir of Mothers, Daughters, and the BRCA Gene by Sarah Gabriel
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.