Another list for your reading and collection development perusal, this time from Publisher's Weekly:
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- About a Mountain by John D'Agata
- The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- Yellow Dirt: An American Story of a Poisoned Land and a People Betrayed by Judy Pasternak
- Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margins of Error by Kathryn Schulz
- The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival by John Vaillant
- The Master Switch: The Rise and Fall of Information Empires by Tim Wu
- Origins: How the Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives by Annie Murphy Paul
I'm always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven't covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments here.
Earlier entries in this year's list or lists can be found here.