Bravewords.com is featuring their annual top 30 hard rock & heavy metal albums of the year. It's a pretty good list from a very good year. I like their list because it mixes mainstream and extreme very nicely, with Cheap Trick & Kiss on the same list as Immortal and Napalm Death. It was a pretty good year for me as I have 5 of the 30 albums listed (Chickenfoot, Mastodon, Heaven and Hell, Slayer and #1 Megadeth with Heaven and Hell as my favourite of the bunch) and I'll probably end up getting a few more as well.
Let's take a look at the top 10, in descending order to #1:
- VOIVOD - Infini (Sonic Unyon/Relapse)
- HEAVEN & HELL - The Devil You Know (Rhino)
- ALICE IN CHAINS - Black Gives Way To Blue (Virgin)
- NILE - Those Whom The Gods Detest (Nuclear Blast)
- HYPOCRISY - A Taste Of Extreme Divinity (Nuclear Blast)
- BEHEMOTH - Evangelion (Metal Blade)
- SLAYER - World Painted Blood (Sony)
- NAPALM DEATH - Time Waits For No Slave (Century Media)
- IMMORTAL - All Shall Fall (Nuclear Blast)
- MEGADETH - Endgame (Roadrunner)
I have to say I was a bit surprised not to see Them Crooked Vultures on the list as I thought it was a pretty strong debut.