I've cobbled together this list from three lists from The Independent: Nature & Environment, Biography and History.
- The Running Sky: A bird-watching life by Tim Dee
- Say Goodbye to the Cuckoo by Michael McCarthy
- Edible Seashore: river cottage handbook no. 5 by John Wright
- Logicomix: an epic search for truth by Apostolos Doxiadis, Christos H Papadimitriou, Alecos Papadatos and Annie di Donna
- Darwin's Sacred Cause: Race, Slavery and the Quest for Human Origins by Adrian Desmond and James Moore
- The Strangest Man: The Hidden Life of Paul Dirac, Quantum Genius by Graham Farmelo
- Blood, Iron and Gold: How the Railways Transformed the World by Christian Wolmar