A good selection from The Economist.
- The British Industrial Revolution in Global Perspective by Robert C. Allen
- Why We Disagree About Climate Change: Understanding Controversy, Inaction and Opportunity by Mike Hulme
- Remarkable Creatures: Epic Adventures in the Search for the Origin of Species by Sean B. Carroll
- The Strangest Man: The Hidden Life of Paul Dirac, Mystic of the Atom by Graham Farmelo
- Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human by Richard Wrangham.
- Direct Red: A Surgeon's Story by Gabriel Weston
By the way, is anybody else noticing that the Dirac bio is shaping up to be the book of the year?