A pretty good list from the Times, who've been a bit spotty with their lists the last few years.
- The Age of Entanglement: When Quantum Physics Was Reborn by Louisa Gilder
- The Age of Wonder: How the Romantic Generation Discovered the Beauty and Terror of Science by Richard Holmes
- Cold: Adventures in the World's Frozen Places by Bill Streever
- The Invention of Air: A Story of Science, Faith, Revolution, and the Birth of America by Steven Johnson
- The Lost City Of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon by David Grann
- The Strangest Man: The Hidden Life of Paul Dirac, Mystic of the Atom by Graham Farmelo