Some highlights from the IEEE's very fine Technology and Society Magazine, v29i2. You'll need a subscription to the magazine to access it on the IEEE's site.
Those in academic settings might want to especially take a look at Communication technology, emergency alerts, and campus safety.
- Innovation as energy policy for the world [Policy Perspective] by Andrews, C.J.
- Wireless nomad: Pioneer in an urban residential environment by Wong, M.A.
- K-Net and Canadian Aboriginal communities by Fiser, A.; Clement, A.
- Communication technology, emergency alerts, and campus safety by Gow, G.A.; Mcgee, T.; Townsend, D.; Anderson, P.; Varnhagen, S.
- Conflict and consensus in the Chinese version of Wikipedia by Han-Teng Liao
- Wiki deployment in corporate settings by Arazy, O.; Gellatly, I.; Jang, S.; Patterson, R.