- I'm a Criminal by Paul Reddick + The Sidemen. This song totally blew me away the first time I heard it and it will totally blow you away too.
- How Blue Can You Get by BB King. BB King was the very first blues artist I got into. My father was a huge Johnny Carson fan when I was growing up and I often used to stay up with him and watch The Tonight Show. And Carson loved blues and jazz music and very often had musical guests from those genres. Well, BB King was the one that really made an impression on me and he's always been one of my absolute favourite artists. I've seen him in concert probably 5 or 8 times.
- The Forty Four by Eric Clapton. 44 Blues is a great song, one of my favourite blues songs of all time. I did actually hear it first at an Eric Clapton concert, so this is a representative taste of how I discovered the song.
- Damn Right I've Got The Blues by Buddy Guy. No special stories for Buddy Guy, but I love this song.
- Caline de blues by Offenbach. Offenbach were one of the definitive French Canadian blues rock bands and this song is probably their best. BTW, this is a much better version of the song, probably the definitive version. It was recorded with Vic Vogel and his Big Band for the En Fusion live album Vogel and Offenbach did together. Unfortunately, there's no real video footage of that version.
Next time, Canadian music!